More L'Oreal Infallible & Review: L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Last Lipcolor


I couldn't help but stop in at my local CVS again to pick up a few more L'Oreal Infallible products last week. This time I got Pro-Matt Foundation in Shell Beige and the Pro-Last Lipcolor in Timeless Rose. I have not tried out the foundation yet but I have heard great reviews so I'm excited to try it out soon.

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Last Lipcolor
On the other hand, I couldn't wait to try out the Pro-Last Lipcolor. This lip product is really a 2-in-1 with the lip color on one end and a moisturizing balm on the other end. I picked the Timeless Rose which is a rose color with a little bit of sparkles. I have used similar colored lip glosses, so I knew this would work for me and it did!

To use the product, apply the color to your lips and let it dry for a 2-3 minutes. Then take the balm (white side) and apply it right over the lip color.

I loved how the color applied on my lips and it didn't take long to dry. However, my lips felt pretty tacky and dry. But when I applied the balm over the dried lip color, I felt like I was wearing moisturizing lipstick. Overall, I loved how the product looked on me and the fact that I could eat or drink and not worry about my lip color getting on everything. I also didn't need to reapply the color. The balm, on the other hand, needed to be refreshed as it did wear off and left my lips feeling dry. I have tried this out a few times for short periods. Overall, I liked this lip product but it wasn't my favorite. This would be great for someone who didn't want to touch up lip color several times a day although the balm would need to be touched up to keep lips feeling moisturized. Unlike regular lip products which can usually be wiped away with tissue, you will need to remove this with makeup remover. The product is also cumbersome in your purse if you like the smaller size of lipsticks.

Also, a big downside of this product would be the cost. At my local CVS, this product retailed for $13.99. But remember, coupons are our friends. At the time of my purchase, CVS was having a BOGO 50% off sale. I purchased the lip color along with the foundation, the latter which cost $13.79. I also had a coupon for $4 off a $15 purchase of certain types of cosmetics, $5 in ExtraBucks and $5 in Beauty Club rewards. I ended up paying $6.88 plus tax for a total of $7.36 out of pocket! I also accumulated an additional $10 in ExtraBucks to use the next time. In a future blog, I will go in-depth on these programs offered by CVS and how you can also save money.

I also wanted to mention that CVS does guarantee their cosmetics 100% meaning if you don't like something, you can take it back. I have only done this on one occasion because the item I purchased was broken.

I plan on reviewing the foundation in future blog. Let me know if you like these kinds of long-wearing products and which work for you!

* I was not paid for this review; all products were purchased by me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Life: Getting Back On Track

Why?

Product Reviews: Dove Cool Essentials Dry Spray (Influenster Target VoxBox)