Food Subscription: Love with Food - October 2015

This is a late review as I am about to get my November box but I wanted to post it just so you have an idea of what this subscription is about!



Let's be honest. There are so many subscriptions out there ranging from beauty to food to clothing to just about anything you are looking for in a monthly box. Sometimes it seems like all the subscription boxes are the same except for the different ranges of price. It takes a lot for a box to fill a niche and to me Love With Food is just that kind of box.

Love With Food is a monthly subscription box which contains organic or all-natural snacks. In a word or two, it contains healthy snacks! But these snacks are great if you are looking for healthier options and it gives you a chance to try out a variety of items without having to purchase a whole box or bag of one snack.

There are three different options with this subscription. The first is a tasting box which contains about 8+ snacks and can cost about $8 to $10 if you purchase a longer subscription or go month-to-month. The next size is a deluxe box with 16-20 snacks a month and cost between $16.50 to $20 a month. The last box is gluten-free with 10-15 snacks and ranges from $20 to $25 a month.

The great thing about this subscription is each box donates meals to hungry children in America. The tasting box donates 1 meal while the deluxe and gluten-free boxes donate 2 meals each. So while you enjoy some great tasting and good for your snacks, a child can also benefit from a meal or two!

Here was the box I received for October and my thoughts on some of the items (please excuse the wrappers in some of the pictures since I already enjoyed these items).

The deluxe box comes with lots of snacks and some of the items you get more than one package!
I received a total of 18 items in the October box which was called Touchdown Treats. I am guess everything in this box would be great to have while watching your favorite football team on TV! The only snack I don't have a picture are Chewie Fruities by Torie and Howard. I received 3 chews the size of a Starburst in the blood orange flavor which I passed to my sons who gave them 2 thumbs up!


This box had a diverse selection of treats. There was a bag of Chef's Cut Buffalo Style Chicken Jerky which was spicy but had loads of protein and was tasty. If you are on a low-sodium diet, this had a lot of sodium like any jerky but if you are careful with the amount you eat, it will be fine. Two Luna bars in the flavor chocolate salted caramel were to die for literally! It was like have some decadent candy but in a healthy bar. I am not sure if I would call this bar super healthy but it was better than some other treats. The Beecher's Handmade Cheese Original Crackers were yummy. My husband claimed it tasted cheesy but I didn't think so. It was thick and a good packet to keep in your purse or bag for a quick snack.


The Off the Cob Sweet Corn Tortilla Chips with sea salt had that salty sweet flavor. The chips were crispy and made with organic corn. There was a small bag of salted Virginia peanuts which only contained peanuts, coconut oil and salt. It was pretty basic but nice to know all the ingredients were easy to pronounce. The cookies and cream wafer bite by Dolcetto was yummy at first but really too sweet. It tasted like a very sweet Oreo cookie. If you have a mean sweet tooth, then this is a nice way to get that sweetness without having a whole bag of cookies.



This last group of items were probably my most favorite in the box. The waffle crisps were by Mr. Sthinsters and in maple flavor. Oh my gosh, it was just the right amount of crunch, sweetness and treat needed. I wished there were two bags of this! The fruit crisps were apple slices that were almost freeze dried but tasted oh so good! Brothers All Natural was the company that made these. There were two bags of Somersault Snacks, one in cocoa flavor and the other in sea salt. I have already tried these in cinnamon and they are made from seeds and a great crunchy snack to have. Finally, my most favorite item was the Frontier Bites made with seeds, rice and fruit. Each pack came with 4 bites and were oh so delicious! One was pineapple and I can't remember the other but they were so good!

Overall, the cost for the box might seem high but many healthier type of snacks generally cost more. To me, you are able to try a variety of snacks at one time to figure out which ones you like and don't like for future purchase instead of buying a bigger bag or box and eat just one and hating the rest. I am looking forward to this month's box!

* Any products or links in this post are not sponsored. I have not received any compensation for mentioning them, and all opinions are my own. None of the links are referrals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Life: Getting Back On Track

Why?

Product Reviews: Dove Cool Essentials Dry Spray (Influenster Target VoxBox)